December 02, 2005

Shirts in the closet, shoes in the hall. Mama’s in the kitchen, baby and all. Everything is everything. But you’re missing. Coffee cups on the counter, jackets on the chair. Papers on the doorstep, but you’re not there. Everything is everything. But you’re missing. Pictures on the nightstand, tv’s on in the den. Your house is waiting, for you to walk in. But you’re missing. When I shut out the lights you’re missing. When I close my eyes you’re missing. When I see the sun rise you’re missing. Children are asking if it’s alright, will you be in our arms tonight? Morning is morning, the evening falls. I got too much room in my bed. Too many phone calls, how’s everything, everything? Everything, everything. But you’re missing.

God’s drifting in heaven, devil’s in the mailbox. I got dust on my shoes, nothing but teardrops.

No comments: